Welcome Conscious Capitalists!
Are you looking to create real impact in our city while expanding your network of change-makers? Conscious Capitalism Los Angeles is seeking an experienced finance leader to fill the open Board of Directors seat of Finance Chair. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
CCLA is an inclusive, vibrant community driving business as a force for good by connecting our city’s entrepreneurs, business leaders and professionals through content and experiences in Los Angeles. The CCLA Board is a working board, providing mission-based leadership, strategic governance, and executing day-to-day operations.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in elevating the voices and profiles of individuals from communities that have too often been marginalized, including Black, Latinx, Asian, Indigenous and other people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQIA+ people. Therefore, we welcome and strongly encourage applications from people with these identities.
About the Finance Chair role
To help ensure the fiscal integrity of the organization by providing oversight of its financial activities and ensuring the accuracy of all financial records.
One year to be eligible for re-appointment for additional term(s).
Minimum 3 hours per week (12 hours per month)
Board of Directors General Responsibilities:
- Contribute minimum 3 hours per week to board and committee strategies and execution.
- Attend a minimum 75% of monthly board meetings per year.
- Consider CCLA a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, including annual board dues.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization by making introductions to potential members and partners, supporting fundraising activities, and representing the organization as needed.
- Approve CCLA’s annual budget and material business decisions.
- Be a leader, championing specific board initiatives forward; effectively working autonomously and collaborating with others as needed, both during and outside of board meetings.
Finance Chair Responsibilities:
- With the President and other board members, as appropriate, develop an annual budget and submit to the board for approval.
- Ensure integrity of budget actuals and forecasts, working with CCI, Chapter Coordinator and Board to align actuals accounting between CCI and CCLA, including visibility to and accuracy of Membership revenue, and that CCI end of year cash position aligns with CCLA records.
- Give monthly reports to the Board on the financial health of the organization, including financial analyses and strategic guidance as needed to advise on risks and opportunities.
- Ensure smooth operations of financial systems, processes and tools, including accuracy of data flow between CCI and CCLA, and technology integrations that facilitate financial transactions.
- Chair the finance committee and oversee any associated volunteers as needed.
- Ensure that the board’s financial policies are being followed.
- Any other organization related duties as necessary.
- Demonstrated passion for bringing about a new paradigm in business wherein consciousness is the driver.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader is desired.
- Experience serving on other boards is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in budget design and accountability desired.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead a team of volunteers is desired.
- Demonstrated skills in effective verbal communication, diplomacy, personal interaction, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects within established timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a committee, delegate tasks, and monitor follow-through.
- Time available to attend Board meetings and other functions as required by the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled